Reasons Why All Real Estate Titles Should Be Insured
1. A fire
destroys only the house and improvements. The ground is left.
A defective title may take away not only the house but the
land on which it stands. Title insurance protects you against
2. A deed or a mortgage on the chain of title may be a forgery.
3. A deed or a mortgage may have been signed by a person under
4. A deed or a mortgage may have been made by an insane person
or one otherwise not competent.
5. A deed or a mortgage may have been made under a power of
attorney after the death of the principal and would, therefore,
6. A deed or a mortgage may have been made by a person other
than the owner, but with the same
name as the owner.
7. The testator of a will might have had a child born after
the execution of a will, a fact that would
entitle the child to claim his or her share of the property.
8. A will may have been revoked by the testator after its
9. A conveyance by heirsat- law of a person supposed to have
died without a valid will may be defeated by subsequent discovery
and probate of a will.
10. An heir or other person presumed dead may appear and recover
the property or an interest
11. A judgement or levy upon which the title is dependent
may be void or voidable on account
of some defect in the proceeding.
12. Unless you have the title insured, you cannot be sure
you will never suffer loss through
title disputes after buying or lending on real estate.
13. Title insurance helps speed negotiations when youre
ready to sell.
14. By insuring the title, you can eliminate delays and technicalities
when passing your title on to
15. If your title is ever defeated, title insurance reimburses
you for the amount of your loss.
16. We assume the risk and worries, make all your title troubles
ours, with the issuance of title insurance.
17. Each title insurance policy we write is paid up, in full,
by the first premium.
18. Our insurance of a title means that you will have free
defense in court, in addition to the payment of any loss you
19. Claims constantly arise due to marital status and validity
in divorces. Only title insurance protects
against these claims of supposedly non-existent or divorced
wives or husbands.
20. Many lawyers, in giving an opinion on title, protect their
clients as well as themselves by
procuring title insurance.
South Bay Brokers
1640 So. Pacific Coast Hwy.
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
(310) 375-9616 Fax
2501 No. Sepulveda Blvd., 2nd Floor
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310) 545-0515 Fax