Welcome to Hermosa Beach, the center of the Beach Cities and one of the gems of the South Bay. All the best of Southern California lies
Real estate ranges from one bedroom condos to spectacular oceanfront mansions on the Strand. The city once had a reputation as Manhattan’s somewhat rowdier neighbor to the south but that has long ago ceased to be the case. Hermosa Beach offers a great community feel which isn’t surprising given the size of the city and the fact that there is only one elementary school and one middle school. It’s hard not to feel like you know just about everyone here.
From a realtor perspective Hermosa is broken into 3 “sections”
- The sand section is closest to the beach and extends from the Strand to Valley Street. As this area is basically sitting on sand and dunes it’s not hard to feel close to the beach and if beachfront luxury living is the lifestyle you seek, check out the beachfront homes for sale on The Strand.
- The “valley” section is generally on the hillside from Valley/Ardmore Streets up to PCH. As it’s west of PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) it still feels very close to the beach and due to the sloping hillside homes can often have some nice ocean views.
- The “hill” section or East Hermosa Beach extends from PCH to Harper in Redondo Beach. It has a nice neighborhood feel and is also a short distance to the beach.
- Hermosa Beach Schools
- Hermosa Beach Townhomes & Condos
- The Beach House in Hermosa Beach condo/hotel
- Hermosa Beach Open Houses
- Seaview Villas Panoramic Oceanview Condos
- Recently Sold Homes
- Hermosa Beach Median Home Prices
Its approximate 20,000 residents enjoy endless sunshine and beautiful beaches for swimming, surfing, boating, beach volleyball. Other poputlar activities include running, bicycling and rollerblading on the famous “Strand”.
Students in grades K-7 attend award winning schools of the Hermosa Beach City School District and have the option of attending either Mira Costa High School in Manhattan Beach or Redondo Union.
Hermosa Beach Real Estate Information
- Borders Manhattan to the north and Redondo to the South, west of Valley/Ardmore
- Lot sizes are generally 30×80 with some lots 30×70 and some “half” lots 30×45
- Value of the lot dependent on proximity to the beach, view potential and lot size
- Highly sought after walk streets in the sand section with pedestrian only access
- Relatively quiet section of Hermosa with a very nice neighborhood feel.
- Some of the larger lots in the South Bay.
- Generally located east of Valley/Ardmore and West of PCH
- Borders PCH to the West and Redondo Beach to the East
- Many ocean view houses
- Lot sizes are generally 30×80