Located west of the 405 Freeway, Hollyglen is a little community with a fantastic and friendly “neighborhood” feel. It’s the kind of area where neighbors seem to know each other and walking the dog is a social activity. For a long time, Hollyglen was somewhat of a secret neighborhood. Consisting primarily of homes built in the 1940s and 1950s, many of the single level homes have been extensively remodeled and sit on charming tree lined streets. The homes were well built and due to the time they were built most have beautiful oak hardwood floors….some that have been covered with carpet for 70 years! Here are just a few of the reasons we love this great neighborhood:
- A real sense of community: With wide, tree lined streets and no real reason for cars to be driving unless they live in the area, Hollyglen really feels like a neighborhood. This is a part of the South Bay in which neighbors seem to know each other and there are usually people out walking their dogs and seem happy to live there.
- Pride of ownership: It isn’t hard to see that owners love their homes and love their neighborhood. As there are few “mcmansion” type properties the homes fit the lots making for beautiful front yards and lawns, and great curb appeal.
- Fantastic highly rated school system: The area is in the Wiseburn School District. This charter school district offers two award winning elementary schools, a great middle school and the Wiseburn High School is soon to be completed. See the homes for sale in the Wiseburn School District boundaries*
- Better for commuters: The “South Bay” is an area that generally ranges from Hawthorne and El Segundo all the way to San Pedro. This can add a tremendous amount of time for commuters that are coming from Palos Verdes, Torrance and Redondo. Homes in Hollyglen can cut off 30 minutes or more of a commute….each way! In addition commuters from Hollyglen have numerous options from very close freeway access, to Aviation, to taking the coast. If you work in LA or the West Side….Hollyglen may be an option for you.
- Home prices: While prices have risen quickly in the past few years (the Hollyglen secret it out!) it’s still far more affordable than El Segundo or Redondo Beach. See the current Hollyglen homes for sale.
- Proximity to the beach. Hollyglen is just north east of Manhattan Beach and east of El Segundo. It is less than three miles from the beach!
- Variety of homes: While the bulk of Hollyglen consists of single story homes, there are other unique areas. The gated communities of 360 South Bay and Fusion South Bay are both located in Hollyglen.
- Fusion is a low key complex with low HOA dues, a small pool and spa and the homes still feel pretty new as they were generally built from 2005 – 2007. Layouts range from 1000 foot 2 bedroom 2 bath condos to 1700+ square foot 3 bedroom homes. Located just east of Manhattan Beach, Fusion South Bay an ideal alternative to those priced out of adjacent Manhattan and Redondo.
- Three Sixty is a much larger gated community with all of the features of a luxury resort. Amenities include an incredible pool and entertainment area with a lap pool, fun pool, jacuzzi, cabanas, bbq deck and firepit. The entertainment area also offers a few impressive common rooms (this is definitely not like the normal “clubhouse”). A state of the art fitness center, wine room, basketball court, parks and 2 dog parks. Homes in this community range from studio condos in the Flats to single family style free standing 4 bedroom homes….and everything in between. Built generally around 2013-2015 the homes feel new and feature the finishes you are looking for in newer construction. It’s an incredible community. See our Three Sixty South Bay photo gallery